Sunday, August 10, 2014

In that moment of silence before you realize what just happened. The airbags deflating the re-verb of a shock that you thought you would never experience.  You get out and survey the scene a car in the ditch, your car in the middle of the highway, gone, lost destroyed. Then the sirens start people start running to you, you can't cry because its all to new, to fresh, to surreal. The week before you had a conversation about a crash with someone what would you do if that happened and you or some one died. I should be dead right now... But I am not I am sitting at my computer writing a blog post in little or no pain with just a bruise on my knee and a picture of a car for proof that I was in a car crash this weekend. It was that close to a head-on, that close to my little brother dieing, to death itself. I am  in shock still I can't quite believe it all happened. Now you start to go thru the what ifs, I was there that morning what if I had stayed, what if I had left 5 min. later, turned 2 sec. earlier, drove 5 mph slower??? But then there are amazing people who remind you to NOT go there don't think of the what ifs but of the what really happened that you and your brother walked away with almost nothing, that the other cars occupants where just fine. They remind you that God was with you, that life is just a blink and that now you know how close it is ALL the time. You make a list of the people that love you and its hard, its way to long to write down there are so many that wold have missed you. Your priorities are flipped around you realize that you were  put on this earth to bless and to give, to heal and to love, God is an amazing God who give us grace and mercy, who loves us, was there in that moment of terror, that realization that you are enough that no matter what you do and say God will protect you and guide you through the thick and thin. I am so incredibly blessed  to be here to talk to you now I am going to treasure every moment that I have with friends and family and love and serve God with all that I am. Please remember that this moment may be you last so how do you want to live for Him?


No comments:

Post a Comment